A piece of bulky furniture like a table needs to be properly packed for protection and ease of handling before shipping. Here are valuable tips on how to ship tables properly:
1. Inspect the table and determine how it can be disassembled to make it as compact and possible.
2. Prepare the table for packing by apply wax to all wood surfaces to protect from scratching.
3. Carefully take the table apart and properly protect and package the legs and leaves with sufficient bubble wrap and/or moving pads.
4. Make sure that screws, bolts, and other hardware are placed in labeled Ziploc bags to prevent loss and make re-assembly much easier. Tape the bag securely to the underside of the table.
5. Arrange the pieces in a sturdy shipping box and fill all empty spaces with packaging peanuts or another padding to prevent them from shifting during transit.
6. Close the box and seal with packaging tape.
Finally, address and label the package and take to your local post office or shipping company.