When shipping a bulky home appliance such as a refrigerator, it must be properly packed and protected to make sure that it will arrive in perfect condition and free from scratches and other damages. Some shipping companies will do the packaging for you but if you have to do it yourself, here are some tips on how you should go about it.
1. Start preparing your fridge for shipping by defrosting it at least 24 hours before the scheduled shipping day.
2. Remove all contents of the refrigerator and clean it thoroughly.
3. To make it smelling fresh when it arrives in its new location put an open box of baking soda inside.
4. Ask your shipping company for the best way to pack the shelving. They will tell you if you should remove the shelving from the ref and pack them separately or just leave them inside. If they suggest to pack the shelving separately, wrap them in bubble wrap and place inside a sturdy shipping box.
5. Fill empty spaces in the box with packing materials to prevent the contents from shifting during transit.
6. Tape the refrigerator doors closed to prevent it from swaying open while being shipped.
7. When shipping long distances, it is best to place the ref in pallet or crate.
8. Have the ref picked up or drop it off at your shipping company.