Here are some tips on how to pack and ship moose antlers so they arrive safely and without any damage.
Moose antlers that are not yet mounted (usually on oak shield-shaped wall plaques) are best shipped separated from the skull cap to minimize their size and make them easier and cheaper to pack and ship. Those that are already mounted must be shipped as is but require a bigger shipping box.
Follow these packing tips whether shipping a mounted or unmounted antlers:
1. Use small pieces of garden hose to cover the sharp tips of the antlers.
2. Use packing tape to secure the hose pieces in place.
3. Wrap the antlers with a couple of layers of bubble wrap and secure with packing tape.
4. Get a shipping box that can accommodate the antlers. Put a layer of packing peanuts in the bottom of the box and place the antler in the center.
5. Fill the empty spaces with more packing peanuts and shake the box side-to-side. The antler must not shift inside the box when shaken.
6. Add more packing peanuts until the contents does not shift anymore.
7. Close the box and seal with packing tape.
Take in mind that the most important is address the package and label as fragile. Take the package to a reputable shipping company.