Wigs are fast becoming a popular choice for fashionistas to temporarily change their looks without having to get a permanent hair cut or perm. Some people also use wigs because of medical reasons such as those who lose their hair because of medical treatments while others use them as part of costumes during special occasions such as Halloween.
When sending wigs from one location to another, proper packing procedures must be observed to ensure that the wigs arrive at its destination in perfect condition. Here are some tips on how to properly ship a wig.
1. Place the wig on a Styrofoam head. This will keep the hair in place and the form of the cap intact.
2. Wrap the with on the Styrofoam head in a big plastic bag and seal with tape. Make sure to keep all the air out before sealing. This will keep the wig safe from dust and packing materials.
3. If the hairs are long, use additional plastic bags to wrap them.
4. Get an appropriately-sized shipping box and fill the bottom with a layer of packing peanuts. Then, place the Styrofoam head in the center of the box on top of the peanuts. Fill the empty spaces with more packing peanuts until you reach the top of the box.
5. Make sure that there are enough peanuts to fill every empty nook and cranny of the box. The contents must not shift or move around when the box is closed and shaken.
6. Close the box and seal with packaging tape.
7. Address and label the box and take to a shipping company or post office.